7 Must-Have Calligraphy Tools and Supplies
In this post, I will cover the supplies you must buy to start calligraphy.
List of supplies needed for getting started in calligraphy:
Calligraphy Marker or Pen
- This is the first and must have calligraphy supply.
- The marker or pen may have a chisel or a flat nib.
- Nibs of different sizes are available in the market.
- Larger nibs will produce wider strokes while narrow nibs will produce thin strokes.
- If use a dip pen, you will also have to buy calligraphy ink.
- There are many different kinds and colours of ink available in the market.
- The Bombay India ink is available in sets with smaller bottles in a variety of colors.
- Start with plain black ink for practice until you get better.
- In the beginning, you can use graph paper to practice.
- I recommend you to practice freehand in the beginning.
- Thereafter download practice sheets and practice as per the guidelines.
- You can also use a sketchbook to practice.
- Always select paper of high quality (100 gsm bond paper or laser paper) to prevent the ink from bleeding through.
Pencil, Eraser, and Ruler
- You need a pencil, eraser, ruler to draw your guidelines.
Clipboard (or any flat surface)
Certified graphologist, writer, calligrapher and part-time blogger. Join me here to learn personality development through handwriting in easy to follow steps.